The Power of Touch: The Art of Asana Assists
Without touch, progress is very slow. — Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
One of the quickest ways to understand the mechanics of an asana (physical posture), its depth and beauty, is through touch. Being able to offer assists to Yoga practitioners not only enriches their experience but also provides another effective and potent tool for a teacher to communicate alignments and refinements of an asana practice.
In this 3-day asana assists intensiver, we will work with partners to:
- Investigate some of the more common asana assists and how to translate them to more complex asanas
- Observe form, breath, alignment, and energetics of asanas
- Learn to provide all levels of practitioners with safe assists that support and deepen their experience and understanding of the asana
- Explore the imperative of preserving our bodies through leveraging, bandhas(locks), breath, and our connection to the earth
There will be a comprehensive lecture to establish the essentials around effective assists which will then inform the remainder of this hands-on, experiential workshop.
This workshop is ideal for teachers and serious students who want to deepen their knowledge of asana assists.
We will conduct a full asana practice with meditation prior to each day of coursework.
200-hour Yoga teacher certification.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 11 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up Today!
For more information or to register, please visit Satchidananda.org.